Serving South Florida families for over 60 years. Here, we hear you. We respect you. And we’ll treat you like family.
- Best Credit Union To Work For
- Account Insurance
- Financial Condition
- Chairman's Message
- Special Employee Groups
- CU @ School
- Important Member Information
- Member Testimonials
- Our Values
- President's Message
- Press Releases
- School Partnerships
- Shared Branches
- Seminars & Upcoming Events
- Video Library
Here for you generation after generation!
On behalf of all of us here, at Power Financial Credit Union, I would like to wish you and your family a healthy and Happy New Year. In reflecting on the past year, the words “growth, enhancement, and empowerment” are forefront in my mind.
GROWTH AND ENHANCEMENT
In 2019, your credit union welcomed TransCapital Bank (TCB) to our family. We are delighted to have the TCB employees join our team at a “Top Workplace”, as recognized by the Sun Sentinel. Your volunteer Board of Directors unanimously approved this acquisition for a myriad of reasons. Predominant among them, to enhance our commercial lending competencies and increase access for our existing members with the addition of three more
branch locations. These new locations are almost perfectly equidistant in line from our Headquarters in Sheridan, northward to our Juno Beach location. The acquisition brings aboard a strong, profitable, well-capitalized institution with approximately $200 million in assets.
Our Sit and Save program, where your trusted advisor analyzes your full financial picture for potential savings, in both time and money, has netted members over $4 million dollars and counting. We were able to help provide countless hours of additional free time to spend with loved ones. In 2020, we invite you to come in and sit down with us. I encourage you to enjoy this free benefit of membership.
Social Media platforms have been an area of focus, and in turn we made
it on the top 100 list, for The Financial Brand. To achieve this recognition, means to be among the elite of Social Media Marketing. Follow us on Facebook®, Instagram® and Twitter™ to get up-to-date information on
products, services and our community involvement.
Look out for information on our technological enhancements such as turning off and on your Visa® Debit and Credit Cards. We are working to put you in control of your card status immediately, with just a few clicks in Online Banking or our Mobile App, via the device of your choice. We will also be updating our website to provide a state-of-the-art digital experience with ease of use. We will continue to develop products and services that will allow us to grow and provide solutions to enhance your quality of life.
Your financial cooperative was instrumental in empowering our members and our community. Financial wellness is at the core of our philosophy of “people helping people.” Power Financial Credit Union’s mission is to express the love of family by providing personalized financial solutions. We hosted several seminars and workshops to provide you, our member-owner, with the knowledge you need to make sound financial decisions.
Your credit union held:
• Mortgage Days at our Sheridan and Kendall branches
• A Mortgage Seminar at Total Wine, Pembroke Pines
• Will and Trust Seminars at our Sheridan and Kendall branches
• Auto Buying Seminars at our Sheridan and Kendall branches
We also sponsored lunch and learns at various companies including Ryder and the National Employee Benefits Administrators; and presented our Credit Awareness Seminar at The Village of Miami Shores Library.
Our purpose is to guide family members to better lives today and for all generations to come. With that in mind, we conducted educational sessions at Miami Community Charter School by putting on a “Reality Fair” and sponsoring a Financial Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) workshop empowering the next generation. We will continue to listen to you and provide financial education based on your needs. An empowered membership creates a strong financial cooperative.
We are happy to give back and assist our community. Our charity initiatives continue to progress each year.
In 2019, our employees and your credit union:
• Started the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) at work program with 19 employees
• Assisted BBBS with obtaining $3,000 from Enterprise® Holdings Foundation
• Supported the United Way® through employee donations
• Assisted with the clean-up of the Sawgrass Nature Center
• Volunteered at LifeNet4Families
• Volunteered at the Thanksgiving Basket Brigade with Children’s Diagnostic Treatment Center
• Participated in the City of Sunrise Relay for Life®
• Took part in Making Strides against Breast Cancer Awareness Walk
• Gave over $5,400 to the Bahamian Red Cross for Hurricane Dorian Survivors
• Held an Emergency Supplies Drive for the Bahamian Hurricane Dorian Survivors
• Took part in the American Heart Association® Heart Walk
• Held quarterly Blood drives
• Held a Back-to-school Backpack Drive for Sickle Cell Anemia of Palm Beach County
• Donated $2,500 to Florida City Police Department Community Surveillance Program
• Donated to Juvenile Diabetes Foundation supporting Andy’s Angels
• Held a Holiday Toy Drive
• Participated in Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
• Took part in Juno Beach March for Babies
• Took part in Juno Beach—Beach clean-up
• Volunteered with Habitat for Humanity
• Hosted Future Banker’s Camp
We also sponsored events for the City of Pembroke Pines such as the Easter Egg Hunt; Mayor’s Chess Challenge; Bow Wow Ween and Santa’s calling. We want to make a positive impact in the communities we serve.
At Power Financial Credit Union, we hear you, we respect you and we will help you. We are grateful for your continued support of our financial cooperative. Our hope is that 2020 will be a year of Empowerment for you and your family. We will continue to focus on you, our member-owners and provide financial solutions to empower you for generations to come. On behalf of the Board of Directors and the staff at Power Financial Credit Union, we would like to wish you a prosperous New Year.
Chairman – Board of Directors