Serving South Florida for over 65 years, we’re here for all your financial needs. Here, we hear you. Respect you. And treat you like family.
TransCapital Merger FAQs – Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Cards
1. When will I receive my new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card?
- You will receive your new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card for your checking account by March 20. Once you receive your new card, please place it in a safe place as it cannot be activated until April 6. Please follow the instructions in the letter that you will receive with your new card to activate your card on April 6, you may select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) of choice at point of card activation.
2. What about my current TransCapital Bank Debit Card? Will it still work?
- TransCapital Bank Debit Card holders will be receiving a new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit card by March 20.
- Your new card will feature the Power Financial Credit Union logo and a new card number, expiration date and CVV2 number. This mailing will also include instructions on when and how to activate your card.
- You may continue using your TransCapital Bank Debit Card through 11:59 pm on April 6. Due to our system conversion, your TransCapital Debit Card(s) will no longer work after 11:59 pm on April 6. After that date, you will need to destroy your TransCapital Debit Card and begin using your new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card starting April 6.
- Please note: There is a slight possibility that debit card service could be intermittently unavailable on April 3 to April 6, during our conversion. Please plan to have cash on hand or other methods of payment in the event that your transaction processing is interrupted during the course of the conversion.
3. How can I change my Personal Identification Number (PIN) for my new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card or request a new PIN?
- To request or change a PIN: Contact us at 866.830.0832 to select your PIN of choice. You may also change your PIN at any of our ATM terminals or make your new PIN request at any Power Financial Credit Union branch.
4. How can I activate my new Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card?
- By calling: 866.830.0832, you can activate your card and select your Personal Identification Number (PIN) of choice, during card activation.
5. What should I do if my card is lost or stolen or if I notice fraudulent debit card transactions?
- Please contact us immediately by calling 866.830.0832.
6. Are there fees for requesting a replacement debit card?
- There is no fee when we replace an expired debit card, but there is a fee for each debit card replacement you request. Fees also apply when you request a rush delivery of a debit card. Please refer to your Personal Schedule of Fees for complete details.
7. How can I request a debit card?
- There are 3 ways you can request a debit card:
- Through our secured Online Banking (www.powerfi.org)
- By calling us at 800.548.5465 (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.–6 p.m. or Sat. 8 a.m.–1 p.m., excluding holidays)
- Visiting a branch (Branch Locations)
- You will receive your new debit card in 7 to 10 business days.
8. What is the fastest way to get my debit card?
- Call us at 800.548.5465 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m. or Sat. 8 a.m.-1 p.m., excluding holidays) or visit a branch.
9. What are the fees for using an ATM?
- There are no fees for Power Financial Credit Union members using one of Power Financial Credit Union ATMs, to transfer funds, make deposits, inquire about a balance and/or withdraw cash.
- Fees may be assessed when Power Financial Credit Union members make withdrawals, transfers and balance inquiries from ATMs at other financial institutions. A fee may also be charged by the ATM operator or any network used for the transaction.
- Please refer to the Personal Schedule of Fees and the disclosure information that accompanied your card for other fees that may apply.
10. What should I do if my Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card PIN (Personal Identification Number) isn't working?
- Contact us by calling 800.548.5465 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-6 p.m. or Sat. 8 a.m.-1 p.m., excluding holidays) or visit a Branch.
11. Where can I use my Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card to inquire about account balances, transfer funds or withdraw cash from my account?
- You can get these services at any Power Financial Credit Union ATMs or at many ATM networks and shared services nationwide. Some services may not be available at non-Power Financial Credit Union ATMs. Fees may apply for the available services at non-Power Financial Credit Union ATMs. Please refer to the Personal Schedule of Fees and the disclosure information that accompanied your card for other fees that may apply.
12. How can I help avoid problems if I plan to use my Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card while traveling domestically or internationally?
- To help prevent an interruption in Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card access when you travel domestically or internationally, we recommend that you contact us to set a travel notice on the card(s) you plan to use while traveling, call 800.548.5465 (Mon.-Fri. 8a.m.-6 p.m. or Sat. 8 a.m.-1p.m., excluding holidays).
13. Can I withdraw cash from a teller at a Non-Power Financial Credit Union Branch?
- Yes, we are affiliated with most shared branch service centers nationwide, but there may be a fee associated with the transaction. Please refer to your Personal Schedule of Fees for complete details.
14. How is a Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card different from a credit card?
- You can use a debit card just like a credit card wherever Visa® card is accepted. However, when you use a debit card, the purchase amount is deducted from your Power Financial Credit Union checking account.
15. What if I see an error on my pending transaction history?
- Call us at 800.548.5465 (Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. or Sat. 8 a.m. to 1p.m., excluding holidays) or visit a branch.
16. How do I dispute a transaction on my Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card?
- We recommend that you contact the merchant prior to calling us about a dispute as it’s generally faster and simpler for you to attempt to resolve the question with the merchant directly before going through the dispute process.
- To dispute a Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card transaction, please call us at 800.548.5465.
17. What could cause a pending transaction or authorization amount to be different from my final or actual purchase amount?
- A pending transaction or an authorization amount may vary from the final or actual purchase amount in situations where there is an estimated authorization amount or a tip is involved.
- Here are a few examples that show how a pending transaction or authorization amount might be different from the final amount:
- At a restaurant, an authorization is requested prior to a tip being added. The final purchase amount will include a tip you add. Some restaurants may add an estimated tip to the transaction total when requesting an authorization. Because of this practice, your final purchase amount may vary from the authorized amount.
- At a hotel, they are allowed to request an authorization for an amount based on the length of your stay and applicable taxes. An estimated amount for incidentals may also be made. Cruise lines and car rental companies may also follow this practice.
18. When will the final purchase amount replace the pending amount and be posted to my checking account?
- It may take several business days for the final purchase amount to replace the pending transaction amount on your account. The pending transaction reduces your available balance. When the transaction is presented to the credit union, the final or actual purchase amount is deducted from your account, usually within 3 to 5 business days. (3 business days when a card is swiped or inserted in person or 5 business days when used via the internet, phone or mail order transaction).
19. Is there a difference between signing a receipt and using my PIN (Personal Identification Number) to authorize a Power Financial Credit Union Visa® Debit Card purchase?
- If you select debit you will use your PIN and enter it in on the merchant keypad. If you select credit you may be required to sign a receipt to authorize your purchase. A signature may not be required for certain transactions such as internet, mail order and pay-at-the-pump gas.